Fly Fisherman’s Weekend
May 21 - May 23
Come stay at the park and join our friendly staff for a weekend of fly fishing activities. The schedule of events will include group casting lessons as well as stream instruction by experienced instructors. Off the water, on our Twin Store Pavilions, we will have fly tying demonstrations, with a chance to try your own hand at tying, stream entomology discussions and evening fly fishing videos of the Upper Delaware River and more. A great event for family and friends.
- 8:00 PM: Meet on the Twin Store Pavilions for an evening fire and an overview of Saturday’s activities. Also you will receive a couple of flies to use that are hatching that weekend.
- 10:00 AM: Group casting lessons as well as stream instructions by experienced instructors.
- 12:00 PM: Join us at the Twin Store Pavilions for fly tying demonstrations with a chance to try your own hand at tying.
- 2:00 PM: Join us on the Roscoe Campsite Tour Bus to the Catskill Fly Fishing Museum for a look back in history into American Fly Fishing and the Catskill Rivers, where it all began.
- 7:00 PM: Join us at the Riverside Pavilion and receive stream instruction on approaching and casting to rising
- 7:30 PM: Evening Hayride to the Fish pond to hand feed our hungry trout to be followed by a ride over to our animal enclosure to hand feed apple treats to our Goats and Alpacas.
- 9:00 PM: Join us for an evening fire streamside at the Riverside Pavilion. Don’t forget to bring your marshmallows for s’mores!
- 9:00 AM: Join us at the Twin Store Pavilions for a morning fire, juice and pastries before checking out.